Friday, June 17, 2011

Boston Bruins Win Stanley Cup, Vancouver Promptly Begins The End of the World


The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup in Game 7 against the Vancouver Canucks.  Congratulations?  I don't know, I guess I'm kind of torn.  Not just because it apparently started the zombie apocalypse in Vancouver, but because I in general hate Boston sports teams.  I'm a Jets fan so obviously the Patriots are out.  I hate the Red Sox mostly because they pretend they aren't as evil as the Yankees, yet they spend $50 million just to talk to a guy, not to mention Papelbon's state of perpetual constipation. Tie that in with that fact that how you can respect any fan base that blames their winning woes on a curse.  No, you choked.  The Celtics:  can't stand Paul Pierce and then they had to add Garnett, but I think I get the Bruins.  Cam Neely for some reason was one of my favorite players as a kid.  Sea Bass, his Foundation, can't go wrong with that guy.  Also my first floor hockey stick was a B's one that my parents got me as a birthday present, that led me to dominate matches at hotels during hockey tournaments for years to follow. But it also seems like the Bruins are the Boston team that actually defines what Boston sports wants to be, especially with what Tom Brady has been up to...



 Also did anyone see this picture?  I guess the story behind it was that the girl was knocked down and somewhat injured by a mob shield.  The guy came to take her to safety and moved in for a brief smooch.  They had been seeing each other for a little bit, but this is like a dating decathlon rolled into a couple minutes.  Relationship now to phase 2 after this, like spending a weekend in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment