Saturday, December 17, 2011

Team Name - Union



Image


We finally have an idea to tie ourselves to at least something going on. A proposed team name of the Wisconsin Union. Before I get into reasons of why I think it may work, let me just say we are not trying side with anyone completely from a site standpoint, people who know me personally know what side I'm on but I don't think it's appropriate to leak it through a hockey website. We will remain as much as we can a sports website. I abhor those that try to step back and forth between many different lines. There is enough politics in the media enough as it is with talking heads babbling incoherently non stop, it might be nice to have some places that are void of that and just try to focus at the topic at hand. Not to mention I think it alienates readers when there is no need to. Unless it is politics in relation to the NHL or hockey we'll leave it to those sites that you expect it from and ones you probably read on your own already. Or I could just be avoiding the inevitable.

But for the most part which ever side you are on, it is hard no to appreciate the dedication the protesters have show to a cause they believe so strongly about. Isn't that what America was founded on? I've never been more proud to be from Wisconsin than during this time.

Great Things About the Name Union/logo:

We'd instantly become a trivia question on what sports teams don't end in the word "S". Most are from the NHL anyway.

Used a hammer which is symbolized in the Wisconsin flag to represent our recognized manufacturing industry.

It would connect with Wisconsin's history as a major force in the Union army during the Civil War.

The significance of the Memorial Union, boom.

And yes it would tie back to the storied tradition of Unions in Wisconsin and as they exist today.

No comments:

Post a Comment